Please read me! Reminders!
Pride Alliance will be having its meeting today. The meeting will be at 7:00pm in the Monongahela Room in the H.U.B.; we will be having a mock panel, open discussion, among other things.
Some reminders about tonights meeting:
1. Paid members can bring must bring 5 dollars to the meeting to reserve their spot at the mid-Atlantic conference.
2. We will be discussing the President’s visit to our meeting on October 2nd. Is there something you would like to ask the president in regards to IUP’s LGBT community?
3. How would you like to celebrate Coming Out Week and Ally Appreciation Week? (Meetings on the 9th and 16th) We have the oppurtunity to chalk the sidewalks with inspiraional quotes or create a painting as a group. If enough members are available we can have a table in the HUB during these two weeks to hand out liturature and sell buttons. It’s up to you!
4. The theme of the meeting will be a diverse LGBT panel. Come listen to their stories. Do you have any questions you may want to ask your fellow members about their experiences? Is there advice yo would like to hear from others in the community?
5. If you are a paid member, and didn’t receive your "Pride" pin, then please talk to Ryan.
6. Membership forms are still being taken. Membership is open to all I.U.P. students.
7. The search for a Program Chair is still open. If you would like to run for this position, please be a paid member, and have your mock program ready for submission by tonight. Tonight is the cut off date for applications for this position.
Thanks and we hope to see you tonight!