Posted by fritzy
Pride Alliance has completed an initial proposal outline. It is a compilation of most if not all ideas brought to the table in the Resource Center bi-weekly meetings. If anyone would like a copy of Proposal A, please email Sarah.
The University Commission on GLBT Issues is going to hold a brainstorming session at the beginning of this summer and is shooting to have comprehensive proposal that includes Pride’s recommendations within 2 months.
In the meanwhile, there is a lot that Pride can do to keep the momentum going. At the last GLBT Resource Center Retreat, an idea was floated that we can still start setting up a GLBT resource center through Pride even if we can’t get all the resources we need right away through the University. We have an office, a mini-library, a budget for next year, and are in the process of setting up a fully functional office with a paid part-time staff member. Now we just need to start acting on the proposal that we created. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating a network of IUP services that pertain to Pride’s interests and goals
- Creating a webpage of Online resources (research team needed for this task)
- Creating the foundations for the programs we want to implement (programming committee needed)
- Membership recruitment and retention (Membership Coordinator position)
- Publicity and PR regarding the availability of our resources (Publicity Committee)
- Office Hours staffed by Pride Members and Volunteers
Posted on May 20, 2009, in Activism, Local, PRIDE, Social and tagged leadership, leadership positions, resource center, university com, University Commission on GLBT Issues. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.